Monday, April 18, 2011

New Mexico fun


This last weekend the kids and I went out to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit Laurie and Travis. It was such a nice trip. I left Wednesday afternoon and we got back late last night! Saturday was our half marathon, that Laurie and I did. It was SO nice to run with her! She really helped me keep going and encouraged me the whole way, love that girl! This time around, training has been super hard. It doesn't help that I am pregnant and ALWAYS sick and tired, and that I have to run by MYSELF!! But I did it and I am glad it is over! I was pleased with my time, I thought I was going to do worse! I ran it in 2:05:34, not my fastest, but the shape I was in and the effort I put into training I was okay with it!

While there, we went to the zoo, and aquarium. Oh and Friday night we got a visitor! Brydon decided to fly out last minute! It was SO nice to have him there:) He is always my big supporter, and it was so great to see him at the finish line, made me tear up of course! I always get emotional at the end of races?!? So I didn't have to drive back alone which was awesome, cause I was pretty dead tired. Great weekend.

2 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

Congrats on #4! I can't believe you ran a half marathon being sick while pregnant. Way to go!

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

Way to go! How exciting...you are having a baby! Congrats!