Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Laurie's Marathon


This weekend was alot of fun, we packed alot of stuff in!! Friday we drove down to Anthon's and stayed, Saturday morning we went up to Logan to watch Laurie's first marathon, Rhonda also ran it We were able to see them at mile 14 coming out of the canyon. Laurie did so good!!! We also saw her at mile 17. Brydon dropped me off at mile 24 and I walked up the course til I found her so I ran about the last 3 1/2 miles with her!! I am so proud of her she did so well, I always get emotional at these races, I tried not to over do it so I wouldn't embarrass her but I couldn't help it:) I kept thinking about the first time we ran together and we did 2 miles, and now she did 26.2, I hope someday soon (after I have this sweet baby) I can try to do it too. So good job girls you are my heroes, love you!!!

After the race, we had to race back to Layton, get ready and then Jen, Nin and I went to a cousin's baby shower. That was really nice. Then after that we hurried home and relieved of their babysitting duty so they could go and ride! Sunday we went to Tone's church and then after a wonderful dinner we headed out to Laurie's and stayed the night there!! We really had an awesome weekend full of family and fun. Thanks again to those who put us up, love you!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

How fun! Great accomplishment. I have heard that is the best marathon to do in Utah, because of the weather. Maybe next year? :)

Jana said...

I can't believe she ran 26.2 miles. Good job for her. I wish I could do 7.5 miles again like we did so long ago.

Burbs said...

It makes me emotional thinking about you meeting Laurie at the end of the race and then running with her!! Just like you running with Nin in her 1st race. You're so thoughtful that way!!! You're amazing.