Monday, December 8, 2008

The countdown is on!

So I have 7 weeks to go, very excited!! But it's at this point where I get asked, "are you having twins" or "you haven't popped yet" or probably my favorite that I just experienced yesterday at church, "you still haven't had that baby yet!"I just smile like an idiot, what am I sapposed to say? Yes, usually it's men that are asking these wonderful questions!! Except for the having twins, that one my neighbor asked me a week ago. She asked when I was due and I told her, and then she asked "are you having twins" No, just one in there, but thanks for making me feel so great about myself, like I need anyone telling me how huge I am. I do own a mirror, I just try to avoid the thing as much as I can:) I remember when I was pregnant with Logan in Florida, and I had about 6 weeks left, I got asked about every sunday at church "your still here" until I had him. Really, I don't know why people feel they need to ask these questions? So yes it is mostly men that are asking these questions, and you have to cut them a little slack because they have no clue how it feels to be pregnant, and just assume anyone with a belly is fair game. But it should just be something that is off limits, espeacially the twins thing! If I am having twins I will let you know so don't ask!! It's usually when I think I'm doing okay and that I don't look too much like a whale, that I get these questions that bring me back to reality. Sorry for the venting:)

3 comments:

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

honey, venting is part of life and if you dont do it you store it, and then you dont feel good about it. You are so sweet and real - I love you!!

Mary Ann said...

I am totally with you on all of this! One of the worst parts of pregnancy is putting up with dumb comments!

Kelly said...

Nicole, it is because you are tiny skinny everywhere else so it is completely obvious that there is a baby belly stickin' out there! I know, men just don't know what to say so inevitably say the wrong thing...oops, but they are trying to be social with you, ya know? I know you are dang cute, so no worries!